Since we’ve been living with a vegan, we’ve been much more experimental with our baking. This is one of the easiest recipes we’ve ever featured, doesn’t require any crazy ingredients, and you honestly can’t tell that they’re dairy free.
You will need:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175c
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips
3. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, vanilla extract and sugar
4. Combine the two mixtures - mix well
5. Spoon the mixture onto baking sheets, and bake for about 15 minutes
See? Told you it was easy. A few things to remember: if you’re going for vegan, make sure the dark chocolate you use is definitely dairy free - some do contain traces of milk. There’s enough oil in the mixture that you don’t need to grease the baking trays. And finally - the cookies don’t really go particularly golden when they’re cooked. They firm up as they cool down too, so if they don’t look done after 15 minutes, they probably are anyway.